CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER / CONTROLLER
Greeley, Colorado , Northern Colorado Greeley, CO
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer/Controller
We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer / Controller to be the financial leader of this very past-paced, growing and successful company in Northern Colorado. The CFO / Controller will report directly to the President and work with the executive team to set the strategy and direction of the company.
This is a great opportunity for a strategic leader that is willing to get their hands dirty, manage a small staff and embrace the growth of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a CPA with a combination of public accounting and industry experience. We will consider a CFO from a smaller company that has experienced high growth or a controller or assistant controller from a mid to large sized company that is looking to take the next step. Selected candidate must have some experience in energy (E&P, oil field services, pipeline), construction (job costing), or other related industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the CFO / Controller
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's accounting and financial functions.
- Review of the monthly close process and preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Preparation and review of various financial, tax and management reports.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning and introduction of new business strategies.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial trends.
- Enhance and implement policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Demonstrate leadership as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the company.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization.
- Manage, mentor and evaluate the accounting team and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Coordinate with outside CPA firm
Qualifications of the CFO / Controller:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Advanced degree a plus
- CPA required
- 10-15 years progressive accounting experience required
- Some public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience in energy (E&P, oil field services, pipeline), construction (job costing), or other related industry
- Team player with practical leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills