ACCOUNTING MANAGER - Energy Industry – Great Benefits!
Denver, CO Denver, CO
Accounting Manager- Energy Industry – Great Benefits!
As a leader of this accounting team, you will provide financial and operational reporting as the company experiences continued growth and expansion!
We are ideally looking for a manager with some FERC experience. We will consider a strong leader with gas pipeline operational experience who is willing to learn the FERC reporting piece.
This is an outstanding manager level position providing accounting support to the company’s natural gas pipeline operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Responsible for FERC and GAAP reporting
- Ensure a timely and accurate financial close of the business unit
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various departments
- Support internal and external audits by appropriate SOX controls
- Ensure timely and accurate recording and/or approval of journal entries
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Prepare and present bi-monthly forecast
- Prepare and/or review various state commission and tax related reports
- Develop and implement process and policy improvements for the group
- Interact with a wide variety of people
- Other duties as assigned or requested
JOB REQUIREMENTS OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the energy space, ideally gas pipeline experience.
- FERC experience highly preferred
- Understanding the accounting and reporting for GAAP
- Advanced understanding of accounting systems, financial modeling, budgets, operating analysis, and management reporting
- Previous experience with SOX controls and processes
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Team player