ASSISTANT CONTROLLER - Team Player- Lots of Interactions Internally and Externally!
Englewood, CO , 80111 Englewood, CO 80111
Assistant Controller - Team Player- Lots of Interactions Internally and Externally!
Successful and growing real estate company is seeking to add a dynamic Assistant Controller to their accounting and finance team!
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented with demonstrated leadership skills, possess the highest level of integrity and exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
We are seeking a CPA and a problem solver with 6-10 years of experience including both public accounting and industry experience. Real Estate experience is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and cash flow
- Assist with software system upgrades and enhancements
- Update policies and procedures as necessary
- Ensure effective and adequate internal controls are in place
- Work with outside CPA firm to provide information necessary for the preparation of federal and state income tax returns
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
- Bachelors in Accounting
- Advanced degree a plus
- CPA preferred
- 6-10 years of experience.
- Ideal candidate will have a combination of industry and public accounting
- Real estate experience required
- Proven knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Some tax knowledge preferred
- Excellent computer skills (YARDI, MRI, Skyline)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented attitude