CONTROLLER – Reports Directly to the CFO
Englewood, CO Englewood, CO
Controller – Reports Directly to the CFO
Opportunity for a Controller to join a well-established manufacturing company located in the Denver Tech Center. The Controller will report directly to the CFO and have responsibility of managing the accounting department and the staff.
Consolidations experience highly preferred. International and manufacturing experience is a plus, but not required.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER
- Manages accounting staff
- Reviews all postings to the general ledger
- Oversee inventory costing systems and manufacturing accounting processes
- Review all period-end financial closing procedures supporting team accuracy
- Provide initial financial reporting packages on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for review
- Assist with foreign currency translation, consolidation and interim consolidated financial statement preparation for the Company’s subsidiary
- Oversees customer credit evaluations
- Maintain Company chart of accounts
- Collaborate with all departments to provide informational reporting
- Perform all negotiated wire transfers and approved ACH payments
- Support international letter of credit (LC) sales
- Other duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTROLLER
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA/CMA preferred
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven experience with JD Edwards software
- A minimum 5 years of experience in general accounting and financial statement preparation or equivalent education / experience combination.
- Would also consider candidates coming straight out of public accounting.
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Manufacturing a plus, but not required.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel using tables, pivot tables, advanced functions and compound formulas
- Microsoft Office Suite experience