CONTROLLER - Stability - Growth - Variety!
Denver, CO Denver, CO
Controller - Stability - Growth - Variety!
Are you looking to join and organization that can offer stability, growth and variety? Make a difference and join this highly respected and talented team.
The Controller will provide vision and management as well as including strategic planning and oversight of a variety of accounting and finance functions.
These accounting and finance functions include financial statement preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, other regulatory audits, tax preparation and the support of budget and forecasting activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER
- Manages, mentor and develops an effective staff.
- Prepares, implements, and documents strategic plans.
- Oversees various organization’s operational financial process.
- Oversees regulatory compliance.
- Understand financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Responsible for supporting financial statements, financial audits, tax filings and other financial reporting.
- Assist with financial systems, improvements and upgrades
- Update and support the development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Monitors compliance with all government (federal, state, and local), IRS regulations, and workflow.
- Assist with the budgeting, forecasting and analysis
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONTROLLER
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience
- Health care, hospital, or related medical industry experience is required.
- Certified Public Accounting Certification (CPA) required
- Advanced degree, MBA, MS a plus but not required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels (staff to executive management) and departments within the organization
- Highest level of integrity
- Outstanding customer service, both internal and external
- Stable job record
Key words: assistant controller, controller, budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, capital budgeting, senior accounting manager, manager of budgeting and forecasting, director of budgeting and forecasting, director of fp&a, accounting manager