CONTROLLER / TAX MANAGER – Single Family Office!
Aspen, CO 81611
Controller / Tax Manager – Single Family Office!
Excellent opportunity to join a premier family office located in the Aspen/Basalt area.
The position reports to the CFO and supervises a small staff.
This is an ideal position for controller with a strong tax background or for a tax manager or at one of the public accounting firms that desires to transition into a position that will utilize both accounting and tax experience.
Responsibilities of the Controller / Tax Manager
- Accurate and timely reporting of the books and records for the family office, including general ledgers, accounts payable and receivables, bank reconciliations, cash control and reporting for a number of family related entities.
- Interact closely with outside tax advisors, attorneys and financial managers.
- Preparation of various investment reports, pricing, analyzing and reconciling accounts.
- Assist with various planning functions including cash flow management, estate and gift planning, insurance and financial planning.
- Involved with a variety of human resource functions for family employees.
- Other special projects as needed.
Requirements of the Controller / Tax Manager
- Degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years of tax experience and general accounting experience in public accounting and or industry
- Extensive federal and state partnership and individual tax experience
- Experience with other general accounting, cash management, financial planning and investment reporting functions
- Experience with a wide range of investment products
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and execute tasks within deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Highest level of honesty and integrity
- Very stable job record
This is a great working environment and the company offers a top compensation and benefits package!