SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Denver, CO Denver, CO
Senior Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant – Great Corporate Role – Awesome opportunity to transition out of public accounting!
Are you tired of the same old public accounting tax grind? This position offers growth, lots of variety and a great team environment!
We are seeking a degreed accountant (masters in tax a plus), CPA with 2-5 years of recent tax experience in public accounting and/or in a corporate tax department. A combination of federal, state and local, and provisioning experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CORPORATE TAX SENIOR
- Prepare and review federal and state corporate and partnership income tax returns
- Prepare and review federal and state corporate income tax provision calculations
- Prepare federal and state estimated tax payment calculations
- Reconcile tax expense and liability accounts
- Assist with income tax research and planning
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CORPORATE TAX SENIOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; Master's degree in Taxation a plus
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred
- A minimum of two years of recent tax experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department
- A combination of federal and state and local tax (SALT) provision and compliance experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance
- Proficient with excel and financial reporting/tax return compliance software
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to work independently
- Adaptable to change, positive attitude