STATE AND LOCAL INCOME TAX ACCOUNTANT - Unique Industry Role!
Denver, CO Denver, CO
State and Local Income Tax Accountant
State and Local Income Tax Accountant - Unique Industry Role!
Unique opportunity to join one of Denver’s premier companies as their State and Local Income Tax Accountant.
This role is responsible for a variety of state and local income tax related projects and other support services to the Tax team.
Responsibilities of the State and Local (SALT) Income Tax Staff
- Assists with preparation of state income and franchise tax returns.
- Assist with preparing Sales and Use tax returns, as needed.
- Prepare miscellaneous tax filings: annual reports, business registrations, property tax returns, etc. Maintain multi-tax filing calendar.
- Complete tax processing.
- E-file state tax returns.
- Assists with tax notices and audits.
- Assist with special tax projects as needed.
Requirements of the State and Local (SALT) Income Tax Staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in tax.
- Basic understanding of state and local income tax concepts.
- Ability to interpret and use various tax materials, forms and instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and utilize complex procedures with little guidance.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- RIA OneSource, SAP knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail orientated and highly analytical.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.