Denver, CO Denver, CO
We are seeking a tax para-professional to join a growing international company in Denver. The Tax Para-professional will provide support to the Tax team and will also assist in preparing various tax returns, processing estimated tax payments and processing and mailing tax returns and related documents.
This could be an ideal role for a tax paraprofessional that is currently working in public accounting, but would like to transition to one of Denver’s top companies!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TAX PARAPROFESSIONAL
- Prepare miscellaneous tax filings
- Supports the global tax compliance process
- Creates, organizes and standardizes federal, state, and international tax files
- Handle information requests for clients upon request
- Provide administrative support to the tax department
- Prepare and update presentation materials for senior management and external constituents
- Complete tax processing
- Compose internal and external correspondence as needed.
- Coordination of external vendor billing and various audit requests
- Work with internal tax team to review current property tax accrual methods and adjust as necessary
- Assist with income tax compliance as needed, including, but not limited to quarterly estimates, tax return payments, etc.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE TAX PARAPROFESSIONAL
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience working in tax; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess superior organizational and documentation skills.
- Solid Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and computer knowledge.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and take ownership when dealing with support tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines when faced with multiple/competing tasks.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and discretion in contacts at all levels.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Possess positive and professional attitude.
Key words: Tax coordinator, senior tax coordinator, tax para-professional, accounting para-professional